Design Print Solutions provides Creative Business Cards Design & Print for your company that will give brand identity to your product and help to sales, and market to share. Design Print Solutions will design the Business Cards as per your organization need. Our services range includes Visiting Card print, flyer printing, Brochures designing, Catalogs making, Leaflets printing, clothing Tags, bottle Labels, office Letterheads, stationery, pamphlets, Identity Cards, Stickers, Multi Color Stickers, Posters etc. Business cards is the most essential marketing tool for any company and they represent the front line of Your company. Our company offers nice quality in business cards. Supporting your business perspective, Our designed business cards can explain the mindset of your business in a easy way in unique style.
What you will Learn:
• How to set up a page
• How to create a professional-look business card
• How to add guidelines on a page
• How to design business card
• How to print business card
Setting up your page
Although there is no universal standard size for Business Cards, each country has its own norms. In North America, it is 3.5 inches by 2 inches. In Europe, it is 85 mm by 55 mm. This tutorial will use the European Standard. After launching CorelDRAW, we’re going to need to set page size; to set up the page size, you can either:
1. Use the Interactive Property bar.
2. Or, you can go to the page setup window by double-clicking on the shadow of the page.
Make sure you have the units set to millimeters; enter 85 as width and 55 as height.
Creating a professional-look business card
When creating a business card, keep these rules in mind:
1. Cleaner is better;
a. Maintain white space; clutter can hide important details.
b. Have a 3.5-millimeter area around the perimeter of the card.
c. Do not use a border or frame. This will make the card look unprofessional if it is not cut precisely after printing.
2. Look for repeating elements throughout the card. You can repeat colors, shapes, typefaces, or textures on your card.
3. Make sure text and images are aligned. Left, Right, or Center aligned are all acceptable, as long as you are consistent.
4. Use a single typeface family and type size.
5. Use some color to draw the viewer’s attention. But not too much, which will make the card look cluttered.
Guidelines will help ensure that you leave an even space around the perimeter. The easiest way to do this is to draw an object that you can use when placing guidelines. Let’s create a border of 3.2 mm:
1. Click on the Rectangle tool and draw a square that is 3.2 by 3.2 millimeters.
2. Position the square at the top-left corner of the page.
3. Then drag out a top and left guideline.
4. Move the square to the bottom right of the page.
5. Drag out a right guideline and a bottom guideline.
6. Now delete the square object.
Designing your business card
1. We’ll going to start by importing a graphic image; to do this:
a. Select the File menu > Import. Then browse to the location where your image is stored.
b. Click on the mouse button to place image.
2. Add the text to the business card:
a. Using Artistic text tool, click at the top of the card, and type in the company name: ”Grasshopper”.
b. Change the font typeface to Stencil font.
c. Type “Lawn Care” and set its typeface to Staccato 222: .
d. Resize and position where you want the image to be located.
e. Finally, type in the slogan and contact information:
i. We give You Mow Free Time
ii. Josh Panoch 123Main St. Greely, ON K1G 2L4 613-555-1212
3. Now to align the text. The contact information should be right justiﬁed, and aligned with the lawn care text.
a. Select the contact information text, hold Shift and select the lawn care text.
b. Tap the letter R to align the texts to the right.
c. Select the contact information, hold
d. Tap B to align the bottom of the texts., and select the slogan.
4. Resize and position the grasshopper image to your preference.
5. Finally, color the word “Grasshopper” using the same Pantone green in the grasshopper image.
a. Select the Color Eyedropper tool.
b. Click on a green area in the grasshopper image.
c. Click on the text. This will color the text with green.
You may notice that the left edge of the image falls off the card. This is called a “bleed.” It occurs when there is a text or graphic element that goes right to the edge of the printed piece. When creating a bleed, it is preferable to make sure that the element is over the edge by at least 3.2 mm or 1/8 of an inch.
The business card is complete, next is to print multiple copies.
Printing your business card
Many new users at this point will duplicate the design, say ten times, and then lay them out on a page, we will demonstrate how to do this in the Print facility.
1. We are going to use the Imposition tool. Imposition is the process of arranging pages correctly prior to the printing so that they fold in the correct order. This document is only a single page, but we can use the imposition tool to lay out multiple copies on a single output.
a. Go to File menu > Print.
b. If you are prompted to set paper orientation then answer No.
c. Click the Print Preview button.
d. In the toolbox, select the Imposition Tool.
e. In the Interactive property bar, set the number of copies horizontally and vertically
2. Because we have some bleed in the Business card design we need to create some space between the cards so that you can properly cut them out of the printed sheet.
a. Click on the pair of scissors.
b. In the Interactive property bar, type the value of 5 mm.
c. Click on the Pick tool to see the ﬁnal layout.
3. Add crop marks to act as a guide when cutting the card:
a. Go to Settings > Prepress.
b. Select crop/fold marks and click OK.
4. Print the page.
If you have enjoyed this tutorial, be sure to check out the other tutorials that are available in the Discovery Center. If you have any ideas for tutorials or projects that you would like to see in the future, please leave us some Feedback.
How well did this answer your question?
Visiting Cards Design & Printing
Design Print Solutions offers Design & print of Business Card for your product that will give high brand identity to your group and help to growth awareness, sales, and market share. Design Print Solutions create graphics for you as per your brands need. Our services range includes Brochures Designs, Catalogues, Leaflets, Tags, Labels, Visiting Cards, Letterheads, Plastic Identity Cards, Stickers, Multi Color Stickers, Posters etc. etc.
Custom Business cards are the good essential sales tool for any industrial company and they represent the front line image of any business. Design Print Solutions offers great quality and professionalism in creative business cards. Our created business cards are Supporting your business. We fabricate business card designs which can explain the whole mindset of your sales in a simple way and unique style.